- Packed sand/limestone trails suitable for hiking, biking, nature observation, cross-country skiing, or snowmobiling
- Scenic areas including bridge crossing the Des Moines River
- Viewing of area wildlife and domesticated buffalo raised on adjoining farm area
- 39 miles from Rolfe to Eagle Grove
- No entrance fees
- Shelter house/bathrooms and seating has been added to take a rest finishing or beginning the trail
- Wilcox Campground just next door to the Trail, has 4 Electric/Water campsites. $20.00 a night. Dump Station available. If not camping there is a $15.00 fee for dumping.
- There is a grassy area for tent camping. $5.00 a night.