Residential collection is every Monday (Tuesday following a Monday holiday or announced on channel 3 following snow removal days).
Commercial business pickup is every Thursday.
Special Removal Item Rates
- Additional volume sticker $5.00
- White Goods/Small Appliances $25.00
- Large Furniture $10.00
- Small Furniture $5.00
- 2 yard metal dumpsters are available from the city at a cost of $75.00/dump
- All special-item stickers must be purchased in advance of the scheduled collection at City Hall.
Proper Packaging of Garbage
- 1 – 90 gal. dumpster (available from the city at a $20.00/month container fee) OR 2 – 30 gal. (max. capacity) trash bags will be collected for the $11.00/month garbage fee.
- Additional dumpsters or bags will require a special tag purchased from city hall ahead of collection time at $4.00 each or $5.00 if not purchased in advance.
- This is to encourage recycling and meet state mandates requiring the reduction of trash going to the landfills.
- Residents and businesses are encouraged to use the Recycling Center located at 322 Garfield Street, Rolfe Iowa for daily drop.
- Recycling Curb side pick-up is every 1st and 3rd Monday of the month. Please have to curb by 8 a.m. Please separate items. List of recyclable items is available at City Hall.
- Recycling Rates: Residential $3.15/month
- For curb side pickup assistance for those over 65, please call 712-848-3124.